|PROJECT RISE and SHINE, INC.
PROJECT RISE and SHINE, Inc. ("PR&S" "we" or "us") provides a variety of online services and products, including without limitation, subscription, newsletter and update services ("Services"), to subscribers via e-mail
on this www.projectriseandshine.com website and any of the PR&S or PR&S sponsored websites hereinafter referred to as the "Sites". PR&S is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information, and providing a safe and secure environment for its subscribers.
PR&S 's policy is that it does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from subscribers under eighteen years of age. The Services or Sites are not directed or intended for children under eighteen years of age. If you are under eighteen years of age, you should not register to become a Subscriber or provide personally identifiable information on any of the Sites. If you are the parent or guardian of a subscriber under the age of eighteen whom you believe has disclosed personally identifiable information to PR&S, please contact PR&S at admin@ProjectRiseandShine.com so that we may delete and remove such subscriber's information from our systems. PR&S believes that parents should supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a "kid-friendly" online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
The Information We Gather
PR&S collects information from you at several different points on the Sites or through use of the Services in various ways. For example, PR&S continually reviews its visitors' demographics, interests and pages viewed, and PR&S may require its subscribers and users to provide certain personal information if they wish to participate in various activities on the Sites (e.g., consummating transactions and entering into contests, drawings or surveys). However, PR&S can only collect your personally identifiable information if, and when, it is voluntarily offered.
Message Board and Chats
Among the many Services that PR&S offers subscribers on the Sites, PR&S provides message boards, chat rooms and interactive workbooks. Please be aware that any visitor may read your postings on a message board or in a chat room and any material you do not deem as “private” in a workbook. Furthermore, any information, which you may publicly post to a message board, chat room or workbook, including your profile information, will be disclosed and available to all users of that message board, chat room or workbook, and is therefore no longer private. PR&S cannot guarantee the security of such information that you disclose or communicate online in public areas such as a message board, chat rooms and interactive workbooks, and you do so at your own risk. PR&S reserves the right to republish your postings from message boards or chat rooms elsewhere on the Web in any format but will not post any information from your interactive workbook that you have deemed as “private.”
How We Use the Information That We Gather
PR&S uses certain technologies, such as "cookies," to personalize and improve your online experiences.
• Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive. Cookies store information about your visit to the Sites or your use of the Services, thereby allowing you to access certain PR&S features not otherwise available. The information in the cookie is transmitted from your computer to PR&S or to one of PR&S’s third-party authorized service contractors. The information contained in these cookies makes it possible for PR&S’s systems to know if you are presently logged onto a Site or using any of the Services, or whether you have done so in a prior visit. This technology enables PR&S to instantly determine your access privileges while allowing you to navigate the Sites or use any of the Services without having to repeatedly log in.
• Cookies from PR&S and/or one of PR&S’s authorized service contractors are also used to collect standard information transmitted from your web browser including, without limitation: your Internet address, browser type, web pages you visited with date and time, purchases you made on any of the Sites and the type of operating system on your computer. This information is used to help us understand and meet the ever-changing needs and interests of PR&S’s subscribers.
• PR&S does not control any cookies you may receive from an advertiser and these are not subject to this Policy.
• PR&S also uses web beacon technology to help track site usage. Web beacons (also called single pixel gifs or action tags) allow PR&S to track page viewing counts and patterns which PR&S uses to focus and tailor future content development, measure the effectiveness of PR&S 's own marketing campaigns and assist with broadband capacity management for the Sites.
• PR&S also employs web beacons within the context of certain e-mails in order to determine the effectiveness and appeal of those mailings. These web beacons “sense” and notify PR&S if and when you open the e-mail, if your e-mail program is capable of displaying HTML messages, and where you may navigate within these HTML messages. In addition to the foregoing, PR&S uses the information obtained from its subscribers and users in order to enhance and customize their online experiences.
Due to the existing regulatory environment, PR&S cannot ensure that all of your personally identifiable information and communications will remain private and will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. Therefore, although we maintain and make every effort to comply with industry privacy standards, we do not promise, nor should you expect, that your personally identifiable information or private communications will always remain private.
Disclosure of Personal Information in the Event of Merger or Sale of Assets
PR&S, its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates, could merge with or be acquired by another business entity, or all or substantially all of their respective stock or assets could be acquired. Should such a combination, acquisition or transaction occur, you should expect that PR&S will share some or all of your personally identifiable information with the acquiring or merged entity in order to continue serving you and others information, updates and offers concerning the Sites or Services.
Co-branded and Other Affiliated Sites
As stated above, certain information or Services offered or provided through the Sites may, from time to time, be provided on or through other websites operated by or in conjunction with third party providers ("Partners"). These websites and the features thereon may have the same "look and feel" as PR&S 's Sites and/or Services. PR&S terms these websites "co-branded sites", and often times a Partner's logo or name may appear on the website, or the Partner's name may appear in the URL. Although PR&S will continue to own any personally identifiable information collected about you from one of these co-branded sites, such information may be shared by PR&S with that Partner. However, a Partner will not rent, sell, or disclose any of your personally identifiable information to third parties unless you consent to such disclosures and use in advance (for example, you may be asked to opt-in on a particular co-branded site in order to receive information or offers from a Partner, its affiliates or agents).
Third Party Links
On behalf of various sponsors, the Sites may provide sponsored links to third-party websites or resources ("Linked Sites"). PR&S neither controls nor has PR&S reviewed or approved the content that appears on such Linked Sites. You acknowledge and agree that PR&S is not responsible for the legality, accuracy or inappropriate nature of any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such Linked Sites. You further acknowledge and agree that PR&S shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods, and services available on or through any such Linked Site.
PR&S places a priority on the security of personally identifiable information, and we undertake reasonable security measures to protect the data that resides on our servers. PR&S also uses secure server software (SSL) to process all transactions that occur on the Sites. SSL encrypts all of your personal information transmitted over the Internet, including your credit card number, name and address. However, no security system is impenetrable. PR&S cannot warrant or guarantee the security of its servers, nor can it guarantee that information supplied by Subscribers or other users will not be intercepted while being transmitted to PR&S over the Internet.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as your address, zip code), or if you no longer desire to use or access one of the Sites or Services, PR&S encourages you to correct, update or remove the personal information that you provided. This can be done on each of the Sites. Keep in mind, however, that even if you delete your account from PR&S 's records, there will be residual information that will remain within PR&S 's databases, access logs, and other records, which may or may not contain personally identifiable information.
How To Contact Project Rise and Shine, Inc.
Please relay any questions you may have pertaining to our above stated policies by e-mail to us at admin@ProjectRiseandShine.com
This Policy was created on September 12, 2004. If PR&S makes changes to any of the terms or conditions of the Policy, the changes will be posted in this document so that you will always know what information PR&S gathers, how PR&S might use that information and to whom PR&S will disclose it. PR&S reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless PR&S advises you otherwise. Your continued use of the Services and/or the Sites after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended. PR&S encourages you to bookmark this web page and review this Policy regularly.
Copyright © 2004 Project Rise and Shine, Inc. All rights reserved.